Internship with Us
Internship/ Trainee Programme
Heinrich Böll Stiftung provides a limited number of internship/trainee opportunities in a year to students and recent graduates with a designated interest and inclination for Green values and projects. Participants will gain practical experience and a sound understanding of the work of a German foundation. Located in New Delhi, our office acts as a liaisoning arm of our main office in Germany.
Being part of our team, if selected as an intern/trainee with us, you will be able to explore and learn from a diverse and multi-cultural set of projects, implemented through our Indian co-operation partners. You will also be able to enrich and test your academic knowledge within the professional context of our work and gain insights into programme planning and administration. Please take note that due to our liaison office status, field activities and project implementation are usually NOT part of our New Delhi office. Sometimes, however there are possibilities of engagement and exposure to the work of our field cooperation partners.
We expect every applicant to thoroughly review our working areas via our website and clearly state their related interests in the application letter.
- You have experience in at least one of our programme working areas
- You have a competent command of English language (German language is not a requirement!)
- You are currently completing your MA degree and have at least 2 years of university-level experience (applications from undergraduates, mid-career professionals or applicants who have completed their Master's or Ph.D. cannot be accepted)
- You bring a full-time commitment of 40 working hours per week and are available for 5.5 months
- Applicants are not expected to be highly skilled or specialized but sincere, motivated and interested in a professional internship with due commitments to complete the work entrusted on them
- International competence and knowledge of India is an advantage
Your responsibilities will include:
- involvement in various aspects of our project planning and implementation work,
- participation in meetings relating to program development and strategizing as per our implementation cycles, including support for developing of new project proposals, preparation of briefings and reports,
- providing of logistical/ administrative support during activities and/ or support to background research on thematic issues in preparation of projects and events
- providing input and support to our communications and outreach section, i.e. for developing of social media content or in regard to communication management
- all interns/ trainees are given the opportunity to conceptualize and carry out a capstone project on a theme of their choice that should combine their background interests with one of our working areas. The project output can take various formats in writing, audio/video content, podcast, interview etc.
- all interns/ trainees are required to submit an activity report that summarizes the experiences and learning during the internship (within 4 weeks of the completion of the internship).
We are happy to announce the re-opening of our internship/ trainee programme at the Heinrich Böll Stiftung Regional Office New Delhi
Only applications in English language that follow the below guidelines will be accepted!
How to Apply (please read carefully!):
Please email PDF versions of your brief resume and a letter of motivation mentioning availability, field of interest from within the current programmes of the foundation. Any specific request and expectation/s should be communicated in the cover letter
All communication is to be submitted in English language, and no less than 6 months before the planned date for the internship/traineeship. Submissions in other languages or with less advance duration cannot be considered
Emails are to be addressed to Ms. Shalini Yog: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered!
Applications are accepted all year round and sought from candidates of diverse backgrounds, especially with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as our core priorities of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Selected applicants will be contacted by us and will have the chance to clarify further questions in an (online) meeting to be held before a final selection will take place.
Note: Due to high number of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted
Logistics/ administrative requirements:
- Our trainee/internship programme is voluntary and unpaid.
- Applicants are responsible to make their own arrangements for accommodation in New Delhi as well as travel arrangements to/from New Delhi, India
- International applicants are responsible for their necessary insurance coverage (health, etc.) and visa arrangements