Internship with Us
How to Apply (please read carefully!):
Please email PDF versions of your brief resume and a letter of motivation mentioning availability and clearly stating about your field of interest from within our current programme/ working fields at hbs New Delhi office. Any specific request and expectation/s should be communicated in the cover letter.
All communication is to be submitted in English language, and no less than 6 months before the planned date for the internship/traineeship. Submissions in other languages or with less advance duration cannot be considered!
Emails are to be addressed to Ms. Shalini Yog: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered!
Applications are accepted all year round and sought from candidates of diverse backgrounds, especially with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as our core priorities of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Selected applicants will be contacted by us and will have the chance to clarify further questions in an (online) meeting to be held before a final selection will take place.
Note: Due to high number of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted
- you have demonstrated experience in at least one of our programme working areas
- you have a competent command of English language (German language is not a requirement!)
- you are currently completing your MA degree and have at least 2 years of university-level experience (applications from undergraduates, mid-career professionals or applicants who have completed their Master's or Ph.D. cannot be accepted)
- you bring a full-time commitment of 40 working hours per week and are available for 5.5 months
- applicants are not expected to be highly skilled or specialized but sincere, motivated and interested in a professional internship with due commitments to complete the work entrusted on them
- international competence and knowledge of India is an advantage
Your responsibilities will include:
- involvement in various aspects of our project planning and implementation work,
- participation in meetings relating to program development and strategizing as per our implementation cycles, including support for developing of new project proposals, preparation of briefings and reports,
- providing of logistical/ administrative support during activities and/ or support to background research on thematic issues in preparation of projects and events
- providing input and support to our communications and outreach section, i.e. for developing of social media content or in regard to communication management
- all interns/ trainees are given the opportunity to conceptualize and carry out their own capstone project on a theme of their choice that should combine their background interests with one of our working areas. The project output can take various formats in writing, audio/video content, podcast, interview etc.
- all interns/ trainees are required to submit an activity report that summarizes the experiences and learning during the internship (within 4 weeks of the completion of the internship).