The Heinrich Böll Foundation stands for green ideas and projects, is a reform policy workshop for the future and an international network. We work with more than one hundred partner projects in 60 countries and currently have offices in 32 countries.
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung/ Heinrich Boell Foundation is a German foundation and part of the Green political movement that has developed worldwide as a response to the traditional politics of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism.
We are a green think-tank and an international policy network, our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men. We are also committed to equal rights for cultural and ethnic minorities. Finally, we promote non-violence and proactive peace policies. To achieve our goals, we seek strategic partnerships with others who share our values.
Our India Liaison Office was established in 2002 in New Delhi. Working with governmental and non-governmental local project partners we support India’s democratic governance through informed national and international dialogue processes with a view to enhance the diversity of green thinking.
Our overall approach is to:
- generate opportunities of sharing, analysing and learning among formations of civil society
- engaging in independent and critical analysis of societal trends and issues
- enable dialogue with selected stakeholders, across varied perspectives, sectors and institutions
The mandate of our work in India includes to:
- support enhanced commitment to democratic processes and social innovation, ecological solutions and sustainable development
- support, facilitate and contribute to civil society engagement, participation, and intervention
- provide a forum for open debate and promote dialogue between politics, business, academia, and society
- support and promote respect for the rule of law and democratic participation
- ensure that the debates of opinion shapers, decision makers and the general populace reflect comprehensively different perspectives and new assessments of ground realities
- place gender as a cross-cutting issue in all measures and programmes.
Heinrich Böll Stiftung Regional Office - New Delhi
C-20, First Floor
Qutub Institutional Area
New Delhi - 110016
To get in touch with individual staff members, please click here.